3/07/2009

Fanciful birds





This is as close as I could come to the little birds on the postcard. I embroidered them on felt, cut them out and appliqued them to the block and added a little stuffing from the back of the block. Then I edged them with gold... I want the branch to be gold braid embellished with gold thread and gold beads.. I'm still thinking about leaves. They should be 3-dimensional like the birds and branch so that leaves stumpwork, beaded leaves or just bead leaves. It's making the decisions that is fun!!! I know little birds has nothing to do with our 2009 Challenge but I just love doing birds....

8 comments:

Rose Anne B said...

Well I just love your little birds Gerry, they are adorable and I just don't know how you can replicate so GOOD!!!

Wendy said...

How beautiful! Your little birds are just lovely.

Ati said...

This is lovely Gerry!

Faye said...

Well done Gerry, they look wonderful...
cheers - FDS

Cathy said...

Very lovely, Gerry! And remember that "wings" is a theme for one month, so the birds could fit into that category. They are so cute!! Hugs, Cathy

Lisa Boni said...

The birds are just darling! What a fabulous block this is! I love watching to see each new thing you add!

Shari said...

Your little birds set my heart all a twitter! So sweet. Do you do cardinals as well? These little love birds and cardinals are my favorites. I can tell that doing challenging work and succeeding is very rewarding to you. Let your needles fly!

Gerry Krueger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts