5/18/2009

Bunnies Begin


I've roughly sketched bunnies on nylon felt and pulled a variety of beige and brown threads to use. I honestly don't remember reading anywhere about embroidering on felt but sorta discovered it by accident. I find it marvelous to work on. There's no weave to worry about when working small and it stretches nicely on a hoop. The edges turn so neatly when I cut the image out to applique. ...It is very forgiving...especially if I use a color of felt close to the color of the image.... I always stitch the lightest and darkest areas first and then fill in..

4 comments:

Karen said...

Gerry,
I can't wait to see them when they are finished. I wish I could sketch but I haven't been able to!!

Anonymous said...

Gerry, I hope you continue to blog your process..what is nylon felt and where do you get it? I have reg. felt but not heard of nylon felt...Sure wish I could pull up and chair and sit with you right now!!!Debbie (Maine)

Lisa Boni said...

These are so adorable!

FredaB said...

Thanks Gerry for the hint of stitching on felt. I can see where it would be forgiving. I use it as a base on the embellisher machine but never for hand embroidery.

Hugs

FredaB

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts