5/16/2009

Let the bunnies begin


Oh ye of little faith Kerry....count the bunnies!!!! I spent some time last night searching for "bunny positions" on Google images. Let me inform you if you type "rabbits" into Google images you get a fair amount of Playboy bunnies appearing....of course I'm sure when Lisa said bunnies that's not exactly what she had in mind.... right Lisa?

I played with the sizing and cut them out and moved them around until I was happy. Like playing with paper dolls. Used photo editing to lay out approx. trail.... Decisions made:
  • All the bunnies except one will be stumpwork...(one is peeking from under lace).
  • Trail will not be beads but barest hints of grasses and tiny flowers
  • For interest bunnies will vary in size but be similiar in coloring
  • Ears will be 3D when possible...
I'm choosing stumpwork because:
  • Some bunnies edge on seams and using stumpwork eliminates bumps
  • I can slightly pad them for 3D effect
  • It's soooo much easier to position them when worked "off-block". This is critical because I am trying to work around existing needlework... I will be only covering a couple sequins and beads. Now I'll trace the outline of my bunnies onto a beige nylon felt and begin work on a hoop. This is going to take a while but when I get a "vision" I just HAVE to follow it through... When done this block would be great photographed and used on notecards..... Maybe I'll do that for Cobi!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your work, I can't wait to see the finished bunnies!! Everything you do is so beautiful.

Ati said...

O, my Gerry! This becomes really fabulous. I never, never could come up with this. Your fantasy and ideas are great!! I sit here in front of the PC screen with a big smile on my face :))

Lisa Boni said...

Gerry ~ I LOVE this! All those bunnies! (and yes ~ I definitely meant the little furry rodent variety and not the "human" variety!) What fun it will be to watch this block come to life under your nimble fingers!

Cathy said...

Maybe you could just stitch the first two bunnies and let them reproduce themselves, LOL. I can't wait to see this develop. What fun ideas you have! Hugs, Cathy

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

You got me, Gerry! lol And they are absolutely adorable bunnies too! Can't wait to see when they are done...
Hugs,
Kerry

Thelma said...

Wow Gerry! You just totally amaze me. Can't wait to see when finished.

Karen said...

The bunnies are so sweet!! I adore your work and thought process!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts