6/18/2009

Bunny Buttons




Keep in mind that these bunny buttons are less than 1" in diameter. I am at the final stage of spraying them with acryllic and sanding between coats.. I like about 8-10 coats. I only paint on 4-5 at a sitting as it is quite tedious with many layers of paint....unlike CQ stitching which I can do for hours at a time.....If I can leave the paints out, I'll do 10-12 at a time over 3-4 days... I like the bunnies and will add them to the list of cottages, birds and roses...

Beading around the button can be done at anytime and I wait until I'm going to attach it to something to make a decision on the color of the beads...

I have already dyed a little lace for Marya's block this morning and as this is my last night to make major messes I am going to do my polymer faces for the upcoming DYOB.


7 comments:

CarolynPhi said...

Gerry:

I love your sweet little bunnies!!! And, who could forget the little cottage buttons you create!! As a painter myself I can recognize the amount of work that goes into these little pieces of art.

Carolyn in California (New to CQI)

Ati said...

The bunnies are lovely, so is the cottage! Very clever of you to paint so nice on such a little scale.
Bravo :)
( my farmhouse button is still waiting to be used on my 'mothers' block)

Anonymous said...

Love the buttons Gerry! Debbie (Maine)

Ruby said...

I'm sitting here amazed! So cute and such tiny detail. I have trouble painting walls and window sashes. LOL
Thanks for sharing.

Rose Anne B said...

OMGG I just do not know how you paint such scenes and cute bunnies on 1" buttons!!! WOW!!! If ever I get one it will definitely be a keepsake for MOI!!!

Lisa Boni said...

The bunny buttons are wonderfully cute and the cottage is delightful!

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Wow! That almost looks like my house! The bunnies are wonderful. Beautiful job.
Hugs,Pat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts