9/08/2009

Inspired by Debbie

One of my favorite things about round robins is the collaboration and inspiration of working as a group.. Debbie (my very short friend in Maine) was the first to get Diane's blocks who wanted an Art Nouveau theme. Debbie did this block at the left with really fits the theme and the bullion hair was inspired...



It just so happens that my favorite artist is Alphonse Mucha from that era. In fact in my small kitchen I have 2 huge Mucha posters that I bought in Prague years ago. One of the hallmarks of his posters and others from this movement is the masses of flowing hair...




So following Debbie's lead I found this face from a Mucha exhibition poster and will use it for my block in this series and
the hair will be the focal point....I printed it on cotton rather than silk.. Let the tresses begin....





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts