9/30/2009

Pilot to Co-pilot and spooky car

Having had neither, the day before I left I bought both a cell phone and a GPS navigation system. Armed with manuals for both I boarded the plane. I figured out almost all the features of the cell phone on the plane and met Diane Matheson from Canada at the Denver airport. We picked up a rental minivan and the salesclerk programed the GPS to meet up with Leslie...
Being a timid driver at best, navigating through Denver traffic avoiding toll roads was extremely intimidating. But Diane held the GPS and repeated all the directions.. We made a few wrong turns and but gradually figured it out.
The rental car was another matter. It was possessed and belonged in a Steven King novel....The rear side doors were electronic and opened automatically when you pushed the handle. But one door opened occasionally all by itself whether it was locked or not... Not only that, it may or may not close itself at will.... We could not leave it parked unattended anywhere. Every morning we'd awake to it open and one time someone even knocked at our door to tell us it was open... Eventually the rental car company replaced it with another mini-van..
Diane was always calm and supportive and I was soooooooooooooooo glad to have her as my co-pilot and now as a new friend......

1 comment:

Susan said...

Now, a possessed car is a bit spooky but I still wish I had been there to be a part of THAT! Fun! And what is a trip without a few wrong turns and turn arounds! I figure you haven't explored enough without those! Besides always something to look back and laugh upon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts