1/02/2010

Good day to experiment..

I have been down with a terrible chest cold (complements of my DH) for 2 days and am finally going to live. Thought it would be a good day to get blocks ready to mail Monday and do a little experiment...

Several weeks back Susan made a jeweled crown by beading on mesh.... I thought this was a super idea and went in search of mesh. She used WireForm but the closest I could find is the Acti-wire mesh at Michaels. It is very fine and pliable. You can go to her blog and read her entry http://tinyurl.com/ye9harc and see more photos near the bottom of the page...These are Susan's crowns on the left - one on fabric and one on mesh. I was amazed at how much more elegant the one on mesh was...I want to do a jeweled fan with crystals for the sky in my challenge block... but I can see other applications for using the mesh with stumpwork... I'm hoping she'll forgive me for using her photo...Her blog is wonderful and full of fabulous photos...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts