4/14/2010

Number quest continues...

Well I found a phone so our home phone is safe...so far at least... This was more difficult to take apart than I thought it would be but the buttons are the right dimensions except for height...too tall... I tried to make them shorter using a different razor blades but they're a very tough nylon.


I can sand them but doing them by hand would take forever so I'm going to put the belt sander in the big vise to hold it steady and try that... I can get a good grip on the small number buttons with pliers so it should work... If I mess up I'll be looking for another phone to disassemble... I'm always leery of the belt sander because I did catch a finger in it once and had to have extensive plastic surgery on that finger...

4 comments:

Ruby said...

One determined woman! Please be careful!

Laura said...

You might try a dremmel - you could do each one individually that way, and you won't be risking your fingers on a larger power tool (spoken from experience!!).

Susan Elliott said...

I think you may be WORSE than me!!!! You crack me up!!!! Save your fingers...is there anyway you could snip the plastic with heavy duty scissors?

Robin said...

Let us know how that goes... Makes sense to recall the previously injured finger. Laura's idea to try a dremmel tool sounds good too. If you don't have one, you might look into a purchase. I've found them very handy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts