5/23/2010

The cake I didn't bake!

I was at a bridge party the other day and I heard someone in the other room say they just had to get Gerry's "Rhubarb Custard Cake" recipe that she made last year and some else said "OMG that was so good" and all agreed.... I'm saying "Gerry who?" and "What cake/" because I have lots of rhubarb. They kept insisting I had brought it and I swore I had NO recipe for any such cake...
Finally Jane said I had sent the recipe to her and she would send it back to me!! ...and she did... It must have been something I did on a whim from a newspaper recipe because I do not have the recipe and don't remember baking it...

But it's easy and good and still hoping it will all come back to me! Here's the recipe via Jane

" Gerry, here's your recipe for the delicious rhubarb custard cake."

Turn oven on to 350 degrees.

1 yellow cake mix (fixed according to directions on box)

Put in 9 x 12" pan.

Sprinkle on top:

4 cups cut rhubarb
1 1/2 cup sugar
Pour over all:
2 cups whipping cream

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Enjoy!!

3 comments:

Susan Elliott said...

I'm putting this one in my recipe box with Mother Kruger's sour cream rolls...

FredaB said...

Gerry

This sounds wonderful. I am going to print it out. Harv and I love rhubarb and when in florida I can buy it frozen and make strawberry-rhubarb pie all the time. Here in chicago no one has it frozen. One manager told me you can't freeze it. I just laughed because whenever I would get my hands on some I would wash it, cut it up and put it on a cookie sheet until frozen then store in bags.

Finally last year I bought a rhubarb plant and took it to my daughters where she has lots of sun and it is growing. I looked at it the other day and the stalks are very tiny so it may take another year before it really produces. I will take the recipe to Florida unless I can buy some from a farmer's market around here.

Hugs

FredaB

Cathy said...

The GDs and I picked rhubarb and baked a delicious cake. Thanks for the recipe. We loved it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts