6/18/2010

Karrin's Stumpwork Block


I received Karrin's stumpwork block from yesterday and both Cobi and Diane have worked on it. Karrin wanted a garden on her block and it's well in the way... Since I'm third in the rotation I have to work with what's been done already and certainly not add anything that wouldn't be compatible, either in color or design...

Of course I have a plan in mind and I usually share with you but this time there will be a "surprise" bit of whimsy as my last addition...

But I can share some thoughts.. First there are about 9/10 strong vertical elements on the left side of the block..... I would be very remiss indeed if I didn't add at least one strong vertical element on the right to balance and frame the block... In addition I will work some horizontal elements into the block from right to left. I'm not just sure what at this point but it will help move the eye across and around the block.. The golden yellow of the sun flower is so strong it needs to be repeated somewhere...

I love what Cobi did to soften the rock fabric... Wait for the whimsical surprize!!!
p.s. there seems to be enough interest for a logo tutorial so I will start on that... It will need to be divided into several posts...

1 comment:

Teresita said...

Que bonitos trabajos tienes, felicitaciones!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts