8/11/2010

Owl is Finished

The little barn owl for Margreet's Art Nouveau block is finished and ready to cut out and applique to the block... Just one technique I wanted to point out.... I outlined the sections on the wing in black. Since I didn't want it to look like stained glass when finished.... as I filled it every once in a while I nipped the rust threads into the black outline... which broke up the line visually.

I also used two contrasting threads on the wings...closer in color than the two I used on the chest.



Yesterday we went through a bunch of old pictures... By far this was the favorite....when the kids coerced Gpa into going on a monster roller coaster... He's the one hanging on for dear life....







4 comments:

Lauri said...

Beautiful work NuMom!!

Laurie said...

WOW!! Margreet is one lucky lady, she's going to love it Gerri!!!
Love the roller coaster picture, how did he fare!?

Ati said...

I have followed the owls process.
It has come out great Gerry! Margreet will be very pleased with it, I guess.

Cathy said...

Oh how excellent! And thanks for the tips/tutorial. - Cathy L

I love old photos too. I scrapbook and the gds are only 5 but they still like to go through their scrapbooks saying "remember when..."

I'm with your DH as far as roller coasters.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts