9/23/2010

Hidden Images













I'm really just use photography for documenting something of interest.. I never see it as an art form for me personally but occasionally I do get a really grand photo unintentionally and this was one of them... There is a deer camouflaged in the foliage in the garden and I always thought this would be a great photo for a jigsaw puzzle...

When I put it on the blog so many people couldn't find the deer that I had to follow up with this.....Look closely and you see her entire back.

This whole idea of hidden images has always fascinated me so when I was in a spider RR and I received this block of Janet's with lots of black silk and jewel tones flowers already done, I decided hiding black cats watching the spiders would be fun.... Can you find them???
Just in case you give up!
I always wanted to take this one step further on a project for myself.
So last January when I was making up blocks ahead I did some black ones for hidden images but haven't started them yet.. But as I am finally catching up and slowly feeling better I am thinking two or three projects ahead and hidden images are swirling around in my fertile little brain..... I am still getting headaches from the concussion and find resting in a dark room for a while is effective but the brain continues to ferment......
I've always loved Bev Doolittle's hidden image art...

8 comments:

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

That is such a fun idea! I did see the deer and did see the cats before you pointed them out. Do I win? (tee hee) I can't wait to see what else you come up with. I hope you feel better soon! Connie

Marty52 said...

I love your hidden black cats... what a great idea! The deer is too cool... amazing how easily they blend in.

Gina said...

When I was a kid, I loved the hidden pix in Highlights magazine. My grandma often told me she could see images in the trees and clouds. She could also zero in on 4 leaf clover like nobody else I knew.

I did see the deer. They show up around here though and I saw one the other morning when I came out to feed the cats, standing frozen at the lane. I didn't see the mother off to the right until she moved.

GinaE said...

I love that deer photo the first time and love it each follow up. The black cats are just too cute...you are so clever and creative!!!!

Ruby said...

The cats are so subtle. Great job!

Rachel said...

What a great idea! A deer only has to stand still and suddenly it disappears... I wish I could do that!

Sue said...

Hi from South Australia Gerry! I just adore the work you do, it is so beautiful. I just love the pincushions and the little painted birds, but the pincushions are my favourite. Do you still have your giveaway going? I am new to the Blog world, my blog is country-blossoms.blogspot.com but I dont have any photos on it yet. I would love to be a follower of your blog, and also be in the draw for the giveaway. My email is suzieq941@hotmail.com if you need to contact me some other way. Hugs & Blessings, from Sue. x

Susan Elliott said...

I LOVE THIS!!! Once again, your creativity blows me away!

I was one of the losers who couldn't find the deer...I had a little trouble with the cats too (that's cuz you did SUCH a good job)

I'm troubled by this...I wonder what it says about me....I'm too shallow to look deep? yikes...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts