9/09/2010

Progress on Arlene's stumpwork lorikeet

Well I've started and it feels sooooooogood to be stitching again....I hope to be all caught up by the end of the month...
I'm doing this bird on felt (see tutorial under heading) which is my favorite.. This is a softer felt than I usually use and I thought it would be easier to plump up for stumpwork...we'll see. I'll start working the shading and yellow on breast now.
I've the tail to finish and then I'll do the wing separately like the recent bluebird for Cobi.
I cut the bird out and attached it to the nest which I also did on felt. The bird's body was stuffed slightly with batting and wing is only attached at the shoulder and the whole ensemble was appliqued to the block....




2 comments:

Laurie said...

Loving it Gerry! You're giving me the courage to try this myself. Still a little hesitant, but won't know if I can do it til I try!

Pearl said...

Your work is so incredibly beautiful! I always enjoy the eye candy here. Pearl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts