10/29/2010

The planning for the suffragettes.....

This was the front of the cover for my old singer and you can see some of the print fabrics that I used along with lots of black fancies. Since I'm on the road a lot between the farm and mom's and the nursing home it's great having this project to tinker with in my brain... I love the planning and gathering for a new project...

Monday (1$ day) my very best friend and I are hitting the thrift stores... She ALWAYS drives and I always buy lunch.. We used to go every Monday but as we've aged and health and family issues have developed we only manage about once a month.. But we've done it so many years we shop "in sync"...even tho we split up while shopping we always manage to arrive at checkout at the same time.. We used to be able to hit about 6 stores but nowadays it is only 3 on a good day.. I'll be scouting out bargains for this new project.

I want to make cameos of some of the suffragettes similar to the cameo I put on the back of my singer cover... I used transparent water-slide decal paper to put an image on a blank plastic cabochon.. Even though the decal paper I had (left from a jewelry project) was for a laser printer, if I put on a couple coats of acrylic spray it works with my inkjet printer.

This has been an entire year of experimenting for me... I did Laurie's "out of your comfort zone" challenge, goldwork techniques on Leslie's block, a whole lot of stumpwork in a stumpwork RR and then the Art Nouveau and Art Deco in another RR plus the landscape block for the challenge...

Now I'm ready to plunge back into my comfort zone of lots and lots of lace and embellishing, embellishing, embellishing... It may be some while before I emerge again...if ever.... I should be finished, or about finished, with the challenge block and the "seams only" RR by the time I get the blocks made for the quilt... I plan on using some of Allie's piecing techniques.. Speaking of Allie she has a book coming out and I've already preordered it on Amazon... "Allie Aller's Crazy Quilting: Modern Piecing and Embellishment Techniques for Joyful Stitching" will be published by C & T Publishing in February 2011! I especially love the words "joyful stitching"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts