10/17/2010

Ritva's seam garden finished......

This is where I stopped a couple days ago...trying to decide how to finish the lace on the lower right plus a few more little seams to do...
This is where I ended today... I ran into a little problem today.... that little brown patch kept whispering to me that it really needed a spider web. I finally wrote Ritva and asked her if it was OK since technically it wasn't a seam. I experimented with the directions for a web in the newest issue of "Inspirations." I need to find a finer gold thread.. I had originally wanted to used the yellow as an "eye mover" and finally settled on blue... Even though I have an initial vision for a block everything continually changes and evolves.. I did manage though to get flowers on every seam for Ritva's seam garden... Now I can get it off to Helina in Finland a bit early....

7 comments:

Lisa Boni said...

Really lovely Gerry! As usual, your seams ended up being so much more than "just" seams! Especially love the forget-me-not vine!

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely piece of stitching.

Lesley said...

Hi Gerry, your work is so delicate and beautiful that it's a great inspiration to me, and makes me want to try even harder. So thank you. Blessings

Susan Elliott said...

looking at the seams only approach on this block has given me an interesting idea...thanks for sharing this. It's coming together beautifully.

Laurie said...

WOW!!! I don't know what else to say Gerry, this is beautiful! Love the spider also!!!!

Susie Wolfe said...

I'm learning so much from watching your work .... it's always lovely, but you also have those tricks up your sleeve. The touch of blue you came up with on that lace seam just balances the entire block. When I compare before and after, you just brought it to life. Super!
SusieW

Cathy said...

Wow - only you could take the Seams Only idea and Embellish the heck out of it. This block is definitely Seams Plus!! I particularly love the swirls you add - they are like exclamation points in your beautiful floral stitched seams. Love, Cathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts