12/30/2010

Seams & Snow

I finished the seams on Meg's block in the Seams RR. I used 3 templates I haven't used before and 2 immediately jumped onto my favorites list ("never let anywhere near Morris" list). I have been experimenting with combining the templates with very interesting results...
I don't always love or even really like every new seam but at least every seam is new and I'm finding that it's I'm always wanting to carry seams one step further... a big step for my "year of seams."


I wish I had been more careful placing them on the scanner so all the numbers were correct... The first one (23 B) is already a favorite but I used the A side for the first time and combined it with parts of 31 to get the seam in the middle of the block... #31 template is going to be a real jewel by itself and combining it with other templates... The little cutout on the end is so versatile
It was the first time using #30 and it was a large shape... larger than I am comfortable with... I will probably just use parts of it next time...
But this last one #29 is going to be used over and over... I had never realized the possibilities... All the arches and spans are just the same...only the height is different so it is great for stacking. PLEASE note:::: The seam on the lower right is so small and anything done to it would look like it was falling off the block... But by stacking the shapes of this template it gives the little seam substance and brings it back into the block... I did a little happy dance when I realized all the possibilities for this template....
Finally we had 12" of snow in 9 hours yesterday and we are completely snowbound again... I got up early and made scones for DH to ease his decision between chaining up or walking out... BUT ME!!! happy... happy happy... Not only can I not get out... no one can get in and NOBODY can expect me to get out.... I will have a fire in the fireplace, dye lace, paint buttons, stitch and start doing a much-needed database for my Etsy...
Sounds like a perfect wonderful, healing day for Morris and myself.....







6 comments:

Lauri said...

agqBeautiful seams NuMom!

Lisa Boni said...

Love the seams, especially the curly vine one! The templates look like a wonderful help!

We too have over a foot of snow... still snowing! Hope you have a safe warm cozy day!

Anonymous said...

Gerry, I've never seen these templates before. They're great! I have been known to "cheat" and mark off my CQ embroidery designs with a washable pen.

About silver...thanks for the nice comments on my blog. There's always room! ;-) Do you have a cupboard? You can stack the plates behind things. Pitchers can be used as vases, etc. Oh, don't hide it all away!

Hugs, Diane

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the templates? Do you also have Carole Samples' book The Treasury of Crazy Quilt Stitches"? I can't seem to find a good source for either of these items. I love how you do your blocks and all. Your work is so beautiful. Jane
janeeraymond@msn.com

Laurie said...

Gerry I love the templates, I received gift certificates to my favorite needle work shop, and was going today to buy them, but other than snow, we had freezing rain! So hopefully tomorrow!

Pearl said...

I love the colors on this block and wow you did get some snow! I passed us here in Kennewick but who knows what will happen next?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts