2/08/2011

And speaking of bunnies.....

I admit to having a favorite bunny pose and this is it... After I embroider the bunny on felt and cut it out, the felt can be gently stretched and I can stuff his little bunny butt.

I love him in his little Art Nouveau thicket... I'll have to make a mental note of that thicket and use it again... This was a DYB RR so I did the entire 6" block..

The daisies on an incline is a good way to fill an awkward corner.. Even though it doesn't show up in the photo, I used gold metallic thread for the sun and silver metallic thread for the rain drops falling from the clouds...





I used the same bunny pose on this traditional RR block with the theme of spiders... Since I was first to work on this block I snagged this nice little corner and managed to get the bunny and three spider webs in it... I wrote the sign on very firm interfacing and it's semi-detached.....



I thought it would be nice if blogger had something similar to the "thumbs up" of facebook for the folks who didn't want to leave a comment...AND it turns out they do... It's called reactions and you can add it where you edit the blog post on the layout page... You can even put in your own names for the categories... So scroll down below where you would comment and hit a little button so I can see if it works...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing how you would use them on a block. Yesterday I saw them and thought they were cute, but had no idea how you would incorporate them into a block so they looked like they belonged. You have such great ideas. Thank you again for sharing, Jane in MO

Susie Wolfe said...

Hi Gerry, I liked your new "reactions" option. It will work well when I don't have much time ... sort of like a drive-by comment. While your post today focused on the cute bunnies, what stood out to me is how you manage to tell a story with every block and how balanced they are. Something to strive for ......
SusieW

Momma Bear said...

I LOVE your bunnies!
I had a 5yo brindle boy bunny, that my mom and I rescued from the vet when I was about 10 or so, he was the best pet ever.
then my step-father a few years later, in an uncharacteristic fit of altruism, brought home a 6mo girl bunny, that had her ear bitten off by a cat, at the pet store and was going to be uthenized because they couldn't sell her.
lesson #1.bunnies are never to old or too young to reproduce!

Maria McCabe said...

This is beautiful - the bunny looks so life-like. Your ideas for the blocks are mazing and inspiring! Thank you for sharing this.

Wilma said...

The little bunnies are very cute Gerry, lovely work!

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Squeal! My buttons arrived today!!! They are wonderful! Thank you so much. I will post them tomorrow. Mo will love her new case with her precious Antoinette. I can't thank you enough for painting these for us.
Hugs and big smiles,
Pat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts