2/11/2011

Doing the "udder" check.....

I really don't want a lamb in February but if Andy scored right away it's possible.. Bellies are hanging low and did the first check of udders yesterday...still early. But time to separate the ewes just to give them a little peace from Andy bullying them.

Sold some of my sheep last summer so I only have 3 ewes (Topaz, Ruby and Pitiful Pearl) and Andy left.. Need sell the all of them this summer... I will miss them terribly but it's time to let go... we'll see how I keep that resolve when the time comes....

1 comment:

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

I had to do the same thing Gerry, it is very hard. I kept 6 ewes (only one Tunis) and my Tunis ram Carmine. My son went into the Marines, and seeing that he's my number one farm hand, I had to sell most of my ewes. I may yet sell a couple more, but the ones I kept were the creme de la creme. Will be twice as hard parting with any of them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts