2/05/2011

Motif Swap for Adventure

I signed up for a motif swap at the upcoming adventure in CT.... Susan assured me that one of my little embroidered birds on felt would be acceptable..

So I checked the state bird for CT and it's a robin...one of my favorites... THEN in yesterday's mail my embroidery magazine "Inspirations" came and look what was their master class in this issue..... a robin.. This was definitely a sign... All right it's a European robin but Wilma is coming from the Netherlands and maybe she'll get my motif...

Trish Burr of South Africa has written the article... It calls for DMC stranded cotton in no less than 39 colors and her instructions are really explicit so I'm going to give it a try... Mine will be a bit modified by being smaller and using less colors but since I do so many birds I'm excited to try some new techniques... you can follow along...

2 comments:

Susan Elliott said...

Serendipity, my friend. Serendipity....

Rachel said...

Thirty-nine colours? Yikes! I shall look forward to watching it...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts