4/21/2012

Finally!!!!

I didn't think I was EVER going to finish the leaves... the couching is so slow going... I certainly have developed an appreciation for the goldwork pieces which are all couching... But the leaves are done on this piece..well I might add or adjust a bead  or two...

The initial planning and subsequent stitching have all been focused on letting the lovely fancy patches show through and  I'm succeeding..  I think the best analogy is a brick wall behind a tree.. I wanted the design and the structure to work in harmony.. The patches are various shades of soft-white satin and brocade... They create a under-glow to the composition.  I scanned this so everything has a bluish tinge but even when I photograph it will be hard to capture.  You will have to take my word for it..... it IS working...  I just have a needle tucked in to establish the angle of the beak.


Now I can start on the hummer. I fiddled a bit with it in photoshop this morning.... It will be a combination of beads and  edmar stitching and I have the fabulous iridescent, teal-colored beads (15s) but I need some additional 15s for the ruby throat and since that means a trip to town it may be a while...

The very last step, and  I feel the most important, will be the couched tendrils which will pull it all together... Right now the flower is hanging out all by itself....

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I think Kerry will find this fits her romantic theme just fine. It gives me goosebumps to see it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts