5/15/2012

Isn't this gorgeous?? & Show Results

   
I was away from the computer for several days and I was so delighted and surprised to receive this photo from a lady who bought one of  my buttons to create a pendant for her mother...  This is so gorgeous!!!! She does lovely artisan jewelry and does sell online  http://www.etsy.com/shop/acottagehearth
  She makes the most clever pendants with beads and old keys...

And it was so timely to receive this photo... The show I did was not exactly my crowd... it was a spring garden event but I did very well...  So well that I will try a couple more this summer... But since I make these buttons mostly for crazy quilters I was asked over and over how to make them into a pendant or a pin...  When I started to explain how to mount them so you could bead around them.... I could immediately see their eyes glaze over...

So I got online yesterday and ordered some bases similar to this one... A button could be glued in and converted to either a brooch or a pin.  I was able to buy by the lot.  I used a site call AliExpress which is probably the Chinese equivalent of Esty for small wholesalers.  I have used them once before and was satisfied.. If use choose China Air post the shipping is free...

So now it is catch up time for stitching and painting..  The most critical spring chores are about done in the garden which is so beautiful right now... Need to charge the tractor battery this morning so I can move posts and fencing and then tote my mother to the doctor and THEN I get to stitch and watch the hummingbirds feed.

3 comments:

gocrazywithme said...

Hi Gerry, I love the metal bases for your buttons. I think I will need to buy a couple of those; are you going to be selling them? I haven't been able to let myself put either the goldfinch button or the pansy button on anything CQ, but I sure would wear them with pride! The raven button is on my witch hat, though!

Marilyn said...

Wow, isn't it nice to get a picture of such a pretty thing made with one of your buttons. And also nice that you did well at the show. And maybe nicest of all is that you'll soon have time to stitch.

Lorraine said...

Your button is beautifully highlighted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts