6/04/2012

A frog and buttons.....

Both Cathy's and Karen's blocks arrived today and I have been eagerly waiting for them... Cathy's patches are actually a charcoal colored cotton.. Goldwork will be spectacular on it...

I try to use different gold materials and different techniques on each block.... I want to use some of the gold fabrics, gold tulle and netting and the gold lame that Janet sent to me...  AND I want to do an image I haven't done before.,...  I seem to always fall back on hummingbirds, dragonflies, butterflies etc.

This time I want to do a FROG!!!  I just sent an email to Cathy to make sure she doesn't have a phobia about frogs.... I hope not because I don't have a backup plan...probably another boring dragonfly....

I can just envision all the different gold textures on a frog and the lame will make a great lily pad... plus a few gold cattails and maybe a VERY small dragonfly.... I have  back episodes of Downton Abby from Netflix to watch and will work on designs for both blocks tonite....expecting severe thunderstorms so hope we don't lose power...

It was a bonanza mail day..  Besides the blocks I received 12 of these very old, 1 1/2" MOP buttons...the kind I love to use to paint cottages... They are very difficult to find and I paid dearly for these...

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh, I hope Cathy likes frogs. I love them and I think you could make a gorgeous one in goldwork. Good score on the buttons

Susan Elliott said...

I'm going to have to look and see if I have any of those type buttons...I'll send them to you if I do...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts