8/03/2012

"Morris and his Farm Friends" finished

I've finally finished "Morris and his Farm Friends" which was my May CQJP piece.  I started and stopped so many times on this block that I seemed to lose my focus and where I was headed.. I may go back later and fiddle with it some more...

I should have really added a garden snake as one of Morris's friends.  They freeze still when he approaches and barks.  He never tries to catch them and seems mesmerized by them.








  I had   wanted a "peek-a-boo" feature for the rabbit with just the tail and ears showing. I'm still undecided between a sun or a sunflower. At this point the sun is winning out.

Now I can start on June "Morris loves Molly".   It will have very few french knots.... I can guarantee that for sure...but it will have lots of hearts and I'm in the mood for seams after all the french knots.

I can also start thinking about Maire's goldwork block which I was saving so I didn't have to hurry but I don't have a design as yet.. She wanted "The strawberry thief" by Wm Morris as the inspiration and I remember looking at several pieces of his wallpapers that used this theme.  Today is a "free at-home day" for me and I will google  it. I've been waiting all week for this day of no commitments... I will shut the gate on the driveway and not answer the phone...

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

I can see why you might be tired of French knots but they are very effective. Your book is going to be so much fun to look through.

Susan Elliott said...

oh how I LOVE this Morris quilt. This new block is just wonderful...The critters are fantastic and the peek-a-boo on each block is perfect.

Next time, how about a pic of them all together?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts