10/06/2012

Another long neglected WIP

I have a limit to the number of  CQ projects I can be actively working on....  Over three and I seem to lose my direction and focus on all of them..... BUT I do like to have things "in the wings" so to speak, to mull over in the odd moments I'm needing to exercise my brain as well as my body... This piece is on the top of my WIP basket now. I was very excited about this block and can't remember why it has ended in the basket for almost three years.

This WIP was part of a 2010 challenge and had twelve VERY precise specifications it had to include..  The challenge was the brainchild of Cathy K.  I'd have to go back and check but among other things, it had to include: colors outside of our comfort zone, Asian theme, landscape, framing a silkie, layered seams, fans, paisleys, and birds etc.  The lovely turquoise fabric were sent to me by Nicki Lee as turquoise was not in my color palette at all.

I did have a rather vague plan which I see included a moon.  At one time I had something  in the sky which I took out. But I'm having to think about the rest.  I know I had visions of  ultra extravagant  peacocks tails  and it involved lots and lots of beading.  There are two peacocks bodies there...you have to look closely to see the one on the right. He will be sitting on that branch and his tail will hang down and "puddle" on the ground.   I had gotten as far as the stitched stumpwork rocks and also to the tree behind the pond which is partially completed  and then I stopped...I also remember doing a tutorial on the beaded fan by the silkie.

It is kinda fun being away from a project like this and seeing it with a fresh perspective... By NO stretch of the imagination will be this be a project to be carried about hither and yon....


3 comments:

Mosaic Magpie said...

It is good to know that you get distracted and loose interest too. I like the idea of keeping the project in a "to do" basket....so maybe it has a chance of renewed interest. I like the moon in your plan.
Deb

Marilyn said...

I always have several....well, maybe more than several....projects in various stages. I seem to go through phases - for a while I'll have so many idea for new projects that excite me that I just have to get them started. Eventually the idea phase slows and then I go into a "finish things up" phase. Occasionally the initial excitement doesn't return when I go back to a project so I have now learned to either repurpose it or just get rid of it. I figure I have less time left in my life at my age to work on things I love so I'm not going to keep ones I don't around to haunt me and make me feel guilty. I remember when you posted about this block and your excitement with it then. I've just been out watching the Northern Lights. I don't usually get to see them because they come out to play after I have gone to bed but DH called me this morning when he took Chevy out for his walk so I got to see them. Too bad there were a lot of clouds too :(.

Susan Elliott said...

Oh, I hope this one gets finished. I remember it well and it was one of my favorites!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts