10/25/2012

Skunks and another GREAT treasure for dotage!!!


Since there is already snow in the foothills we have probably been spared the frequent autumn skunk trauma...  Skunks don't actually hibernate but they like to "den" up in a warm spot for the winter and they are usually a group of females together... And they are usually pregnant.  Years ago they had actually burrowed under our house before we realized what had happened and we had a heck of a time luring them out without them spraying scent.  Now every fall we are super alert to any sign of their presence,  Usually their odor is a dead giveaway but not always... so we are continually  checking for any sign of them tunneling under the house in the fall..

Here is my work so far on the block about Morris and the skunk trap... I'm working these "off block" and will applique them on later.   I'm posting it so you can see how I use guidelines when doing contours...








Now today my dear friend picked me up for a thrift store run... Our first clue of the success to come was getting  a "movie star" parking spot right next to the door...  Always a lucky omen for us... Sure enough I found this gorgeous 40" tall jewelry armoire that will be ideal to take to my dotage domicile for my stitching supplies... The sides open out also but I still have them tied while I figure out how to get it into the house...very heavy...  Not only did I get it for a song, there were two of them so my friend got one also... Her's was a different style and not as large but equally lovely and functional...

5 comments:

Bree at "Bree's Way" said...

Here in eastern NM, we have had a bad outbreak of rabies in our skunks... we have had to be extra careful with our animals, and with other animals that run feral around here because of the population of skunks and the rabies.

gocrazywithme said...

I love that! Just imagine all the treasures it will hold...

Marilyn said...

OK, I have a serious case of cabinet envy...no skunk envy though. We smell them occasionally but so far, thank goodness, no close encounters.

Lorraine said...

What a lovely find!

NickiLee said...

WOW WEEEE! I'd be jumping for joy at that find - I can just imagine how much fun you're going to have filling that beauty up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts