12/24/2012

Another kind of book.....

This block was from a Christmas DYB round robin several years ago...  I added the Raggedy Ann with the button face after the round robin finished..  All the blocks have been languishing in baskets  (along with many others) for years and years...  A DYB (do your own block) round robin has six 6" blocks rather than the one 10-11" block as in a Traditional round robin...









I had devised a way to mount the traditional blocks on very heavy interfacing so I could display them on picture stands.  It works well for rotating them at home or for taking them elsewhere to display as a group.

I add loops at the corners so the blocks can hang or sit and also travel easily...  I did a tutorial of finishing blocks this way a couple years ago..



But the individual DYB never worked as well doing this but now I'd like to finish them in this accordion book style and they could be also be displayed on a table or mantle piece if they were fortified with heavy interfacing.....  The Christmas blocks and the fan blocks will be the first to try...

Best wishes for the the new year to everyone.....

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Your Raggedy Ann is so cute. You have way too many excellent ideas. And its so nice that you share them. It sounds like you are in "finish-up" mode and I love your accordion book idea for DYB blocks. All the best in the new year.

gocrazywithme said...

May you have a wonderful Christmas, Gerry! Give Morris a pat for me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts