10/29/2013

GREAT dinner tonite

This has been a bumper year for squash and everywhere we go someone sends us home with one.. A friend gave us this little one (about 10" across)  and I stuffed it for tonight's dinner.... I used some of the squash from the top and added about 2 cups cooked Italian sausage, 2 cups bread crumbs (I used a seedy whole grain bread) 1 onion  chopped, 1 apple chopped and a handful of dried cranberries... I add a tad of orange juice for a bit of moisture... When it was baked I topped with grated parmesan cheese.  It was fabulous and now I need to find another one...  I baked it in the oven but the next time I fix it I'll pop it in the slow cooker.

3 comments:

margaret said...

now this had made my mouth water. I love marrow and usually buy a few as they keep but this year they are not keeping, seem far more watery than usual.Have alao bought 3 small pumpkins as I love them too and they are only in the shops arounfpd halloween, people do not seem to eat them here just carve them

Marilyn said...

That sounds yummy even though I couldn't eat the sausage. I love squash. I have even convinced DH that pumpkin is good - he never did like pumpkin pie but last month when I baked a pumpkin to put in the freezer so I'd have some on hand if the dog has an upset tummy, I told him to try some of it just with some butter and salt and pepper. He loved it.

Penny Wessenauer (d0npen) said...

Thanks so much for this terrific recipe.. I made it with a pie pumpkin..yummy.. added a bit of fresh sage, but otherwise, no change to your recipe..we'll have the last of it tonight.. Yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts