12/18/2013

2013 cqjp Lace Arbor Done & Dragonfly redo

I was able to complete the beading and finish this block and we came in 1st at the duplicate bridge.  My DH is very competitive and loves seeing our names at the top of the list.

Also last summer when I did the lace cart I did a large dragonfly upper right.  Well the lace cart is the drama queen on this block and those minty green faceted beads on the dragonfly just didn't work... So I replaced them with some lovely elegant soft green crystals and couched the lace some... NOW I'm happy!!!  Sometimes I'm not happy with something but after it sits a bit it grows on me but not the minty beads.  Only the pansy block left...

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

I like how the gold beads around the cottage really set it off. And I agree that the bright green beads on the dragonfly fought with the cart - now the dragonfly seems to fit right in. Only one more block to go - I can hardly wait to see the whole book done

margaret said...

looks lovely and congrats on the bridge win too, never played myself, patience is about my level which I play on the computer

Debbie S. said...

You have two very lucky granddaughters, I'm sure they are going to love all your stitching and beading work.

gocrazywithme said...

I haven't visited your blog for quite some time, so I just got to spend a delightful half hour going through the posts I've missed! You have been very busy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts