2/25/2014

Well about a year ago I started some Easter buttons and haven't painted since.  I was going to start again on July and then every month after but life kept getting more stressful and complicated but finally I did it this week...

Painting buttons is not something I can just start and stop while cooking or chatting etc.  I have to be totally focused and relaxed.. People often say "You must have good eyesight" but as you know I have terrible eyesight but a very LARGE magnifying glass can compensate.







What is absolutely necessary is a steady hand and that just takes lots and lots of practice.  I paint in the morning when the light is good and I am fresh.  I usually work in batches of ten buttons so some are drying between coats of paint as I go along.  From prep to sealing, it takes about 5 days to finish a batch and I figure I have about 2 hours in each button.

I should have some ready for my Etsy shop soon maybe...



1 comment:

Laurie said...

What a labor of love, Gerry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts