4/10/2014

Back to anniversary/hanky piece

Now that the suffrage piece is finally done I can start thinking about what is next in line.... First up is back to the hanky quilt which is really my anniversary piece.
I have all the additional stumpwork bluebirds done and ready to cut out and applique onto the doily areas... I worked on them while sitting with mother...
 
In case you had forgotten, I posted a sampler I did in 1976 to commemorate our marriage.  Since we are coming up on our 40th anniversary (40 wonderful years I must add) I wanted to do a special piece of needlework that incorporated both CQ and bluebirds... plus lots of hearts and flowers...  Hopefully I'm starting soon enough to take my time to add all the special detail I want and also to get it done in time. 
 

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

What a nice way to celebrate your anniversary. Ours passed again this year without either of us remembering. It was on April 2 - 43 years last week.

margaret said...

this is coming along beautifully and those birds are beautiful, early congrats on 40 years of wedded bliss.

Maureen said...

Gerry, This is so lovely. In your tutorial for making the birds, you use felt. What are these birds embroidered on? Thank, Reen

Suztats said...

This is going to be gorgeous! What a wonderful way to commemorate your 40th Anniversary! Congratulations! (we celebrated our 40th last year)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts