5/25/2014

Remember the beaded fans?

Whether it is a large or small project it brings a cohesive quality to a design if it has repeated (echoed) elements......whether it is shape, color, image etc.  On the suffrage quilt I used a variety of beaded fans  along with lace and metal fans... 

On this jacket repeated elements will be insects..... ants, bees, dragonflies, spiders, and especially butterflies.   Hopefully the birds will be the big drama but the bugs will fill in
the awkward spots.

I did this "flower" butterfly as a test and I like it...


So I sketched a bunch on a piece of muslin backed with fusible tricot interfacing trying to get as many different shapes as I can...

When I'm at a thread shop I fall in love with every skein of variegated thread and have bought a lot ... But I seldom use it as  most times the length of the color change is so long that it is ineffective... But all those unused skeins will be perfect for these butterflies.  AND by having them all on one hoop I will not have to change thread so often...


And the new sweatshirt dog bed is a big hit... The stuffed sleeves make a great pillow for Morris to rest his head... He thinks it is only civilized to have a pillow and takes mine every chance he gets...  I throw a treat to the foot of the bed and while he is fetching it, I claim my pillows.  This bed is right by my computer and he is patiently waiting for me to finish so we can take a proper nap (with cuddle)......!!!!!

6 comments:

Susie Wolfe said...

Love, love, love ..... that butterfly!!! This jacket will be gorgeous ....
SusieW

Marilyn said...

I like your butterfly too. And even more to come. So do you have to make another bed for Molly since Morris has claimed this one or do they share?

margaret said...

the butterfly looks tremendous and lots more will be amazing, I too love the varigated threads. yes Morris loks very much at home!

Shirlee Fassell said...

Love your butterfly! Morris reminds me of my cat whe he rests his chin on the floor..... sweet!

Jani said...

I've followed your blog for a few years and had the privilege of taking a workshop at A Heart Like Yours. Your creativity continues to inspire me. My next baby blanket will be replete with flower butterflies. Thank you for the inspiration.
Jan Myhre
Spokane

Suztats said...

Gorgeous butterfly! Morris looks so comfy........
I look forward to more eye candy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts