5/13/2014

Out of my comfort zone

This jacket project is WAY out of my comfort zone but I need to go there occasionally and sometimes it changes how I stitch..

In 2009 Lauri Burgessor challenged CQers to do two pieces... one out of their comfort zone and one in their comfort zone.

For me out of my comfort zone was using NO lace plus use intense colors, fancy seams and curved piecing...




And this is the result...  The colors made me edgy and I haven't willingly used intense color since. I used to do as few fancy seams as I could get away with but luckily I have since learned to love them... I'm still not comfortable with curves.













And guess what was my comfort zone??

3 comments:

margaret said...

your bright colours look good but can see why curves are a problem, I have not managed them yet, the tradition piece is so beautiful. I know your waistcoat is going to be spectacular

Marilyn said...

I certainly know how you feel but I am the opposite. I revel in intense colours and have a very hard time using more muted ones. I do find that having made myself use them more often that it isn't quite so difficult but still not easy.

Unknown said...

Love you "out of your comfort zone." What became of your oriental lady?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts