6/29/2014

New RR and more critters....

This was the year not to start something new but finish things... Well the jacket and hanky project blew that resolve... I could justify joining the fan RR because I'm using them to finish my peacock block...  I'm using the same rational as I just joined the  Crazy Quilt Divas new RR.  I mentioned recently my bonanza of silk ties and they are going to be used for this.  I pulled all the ones with maroon and blue which didn't excite me so I separated them... But I'm not a blue person but maybe later the blues would make great winter blocks..
But the maroons are rich and yummy and will be perfect for finishing off the lace cottage which has been patiently sitting for a couple years.  I can go to the barn and get a couple more maroon ties to fill this out.  I can see this finished with lace, velvet ribbons and beaded trim... I have some great maroon upholstery fabric for a border...
I've a few more motifs for the left side of my "critter coat" and most of the seams are done on it also... The color is wonky in this photo.   I'm ready for a break from it though.

 I've been watching Allie finish  up things right and left and I'm thinking it is a good time to finish up the CQJP cottage blocks. For months I have been collecting rose fabrics plus ginghams and pin stripes to do just that.  So not having fabric isn't an excuse... Spokane stays in the mid 90s all of July and August so that would be a great project when I'm hiding from the heat during the day.


1 comment:

margaret said...

your jacket is coming along beautifully, I so admire your skills. Lace cottage is very pretty too, look forward to seeing that completed too

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts