10/06/2014

Things come together like magic sometimes......

Earlier this summer I posted a bunch of fifty cent silk ties that blended nicely with dusky blues, tans, mauves.... 








Then on Quilt Diva this color palette from Color Seeds  appeared and the dusky blues, purples and mauves appealed to me.  I immediately thought some of the ties would work..   I know what I want as a theme for CQJP2015 and these colors would be perfect with LOTS of old lace.











Then I saw this fabric pack  on Siziqu which was just too yummy for words... And since it takes a lot of fabric for 12 blocks and trim, I hopped over to my favorite fabric site for packs where  my friend Cathy Kizerian   is a whiz at putting together fabrics....














And it was at Cathy's Crazy by Design that I found this selection..  
 
Between the ties, two fabric packs and what is in my stash already I should come up with some really elegant blocks to go with my vintage theme...










5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Lovely colours. I can't see what ideas you have for them :)

Elaine said...

beautiful selection of fabrics and colours, can't wait to see what you do with them :)

margaret said...

your CQJP blocks are going to be great with these fabrics, have not thought about mine yet, was thinking of giving it a miss next year

Juli said...

I love the colors that you have chosen!

Cathy said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your fabric packs! I always try to reserve a bit of most of them for my own stash. The Browns have been very popular this fall. Xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts