10/22/2014

Third time's a charm

It has taken me ALL morning just to get the lace basted down... First it was too flat and then next time it was gathered too much.  I finally eased it as I went with my thumb.....about 1/8" every 1/4" stitch...  Now I have to be gone all afternoon and will finished the lace tonight...

Panic time yesterday... There is a black band around the front edge and went to find the crushed stretch velvet yesterday only to find that

 with Halloween next week that it was not that easy to find...  Finding odd bits to fix as I go along such as I forgot the top knot feather on the quail etc.

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

Don't you hate working to a deadline! Everything always seems to take twice as long. But....IT IS SPECTACULAR!

Createology said...

Stunning CQ Vest. This is truly a labor of love. What a wonderful "calling card" to your passion for CQ and stitching. Creative CQ Bliss...

margaret said...

fingers and toes crossed everything will go smoothly today to complete with amazing jacket

Susan B said...

This is a work of art! Everything you do is amazing.

Mosaic Magpie said...

A vest fit for a queen!
Deb

Suztats said...

OMGoodness! Absolutely fabulous!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts