5/05/2015

Spring on the Farm....



I hadn't really planned on new chicks thinking I'd just buy some new layers later in the summer.  But when I was at the farm store the other day they had a batch of Austrlorps... my very favorite breed..  So now they are in my laundry room chirping away...Now I have to figure out how I will keep them separated from the older hens until the chicks get larger.





I have done very little stitching... In fact haven't even wanted to stitch..  I spent so much time stitching while sitting with mother last winter that I mostly want to MOVE about.  And it has been a gloriously gorgeous spring with lots of sunshine..  I have been repairing stuff, planting and moving other stuff.    You can see a new bird house in this photo of an old apple tree... and I've been painting wicker furniture and metal outdoor stuff... a long overdue task.. and adding more birdhouses..
 
 But I have gotten a good start on my May CQJP ( the color is horrid in this photo)  more folded ribbons...
 
 
And I did the tree much larger and lower on this cottage piece which I really an urge to finish.
There will be a lace bench and a lace gate and will use some of the lovely colorful laces I recently received from Nikki Lee.  I have several enamel birds I bought in Omaha that will go here.
 

 

6 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

awww - how I want to come and play with your wee chicks!! My mother used to raise them when I was young (Rhode Island Reds, I think) and I loved petting their soft little selves.

Marilyn said...

both of your gardens look very inviting :). And I like the folded ribbon on your next block. I got trapped by the Anne Stokes card blocks that I have been trying to ignore until I got a few more bird blocks done. Oh well, now I have another long-term project on the go.

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

It is nice to be outside working. I got my first Austrlorps this spring, they are about 5 wks and doing well.

Suztats said...

The old apple tree has such beauty and character. Do the blossoms have a sweet aroma? The block looks wonderfully detailed, and I can imagine myself walking up the path and adorring the garden flowers....

Marlynne said...

"For everything there is a season-" You're yard is beautiful just like your handwork!

Susan Elliott said...

Reading your blog is increasing my to-do list. Add paint the metal furniture to the list!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts