6/26/2015

Santa and gift from the birds

Now that I have a plan I'm so sorry that I have waited so many years to do something with these blocks.  They are really extraordinary.  I will have to see if I can find out who was in the RR.  The upper right is my block and I added the ballerina, soldier, Raggedy Ann to the others, but the rest of the work was RR participants. I mounted them on Peltex (a rigid fusible interfacing) and now going through my thrift store stash of Christmas ribbons to finish the edges.


I only know of only one other farm within a 5 mile radius that has flowers and it is at least 2 miles away as the crow flies...... but yesterday these fabulous poppies appeared in a patch of weeds near the old sheep pasture..  They are at least 6" across and you can bet I'm going to save the seed.

6 comments:

margaret said...

I am sure you will have great fun finishing off the long ago started RR. Love poppies, I have them springing up too in the garden, unfortunately each year although they increase in number they seem to shrink in size

Shirlee Fassell said...

The Christmas blocks are wonderful! Miss your posts!

Marilyn said...

See, you always come up with a plan :). Those poppies are gorgeous - one of my favourite flowers. Way too hot here - I came home early from quilting (finished the snake river quilt) and now I'm head out to the deck to read.

gocrazywithme said...

I remember when you were doing that Christmas RR, but sadly not who was in it. I made some Raggedy Anns using your instructions. I have one hanging on the mirror of my antique buffet.
Those are incredible poppies! Definitely save the seeds.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

It was a treat to see those poppies - my mother used to save the seed from hers and took great delight in sneaking over to the neighbours garden with some in her pocket and depositing them and then hotly denying any knowledge of how they got there. Yes, my mother was a character!!

Susan Elliott said...

Those Christmas blocks are SO happy!! Glad you're figuring out how to give them their due.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts