4/08/2016

Beautiful ribbon in a scary world.....

Well I trimmed the wire edging and soaked the ribbon in boiling water which did soften it enough that it gathers nicely..  It is some kind of poly fiber which will not hold a crease so it limits it for folding....but I love it gathered like this and I especially love the gradation of colors.  Running it past a candle flame seals the edge. It is perfect for this project and now that I see the possibilities I wonder how it languished in a drawer for so many years..

It's a lovely day and I had planned on working outside  transplanting brunnera but when we came home last night there was a message from the county sheriff's office telling us to stay in the house and keep the doors locked as a dangerous fugitive was loose in our area.  I had hoped he would have been captured by this morning but has not as I can still hear the helicopters.  He escaped from a mental institution about 300 miles away and has been spotted near here and they think he's heading toward a stash of weapons in the foothills about 3 miles east of us.  He was found incompetent to stand trial a few years ago and was accused of tying up a 20 year old girl with electrical wire and torturing her to death..  So I'm staying inside until the alert is off.

5 comments:

Beth in IL said...

So sad. I heard about the escape on my radio. Pray he is caught soon.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh my goodness Gerry - keep those doors and windows locked!! I hope by now he is in custody and all are safe. I hope you have at least a baseball bat to hand. On another (happier) note - I like what you've done with this ribbon. I have some in my stash and never could figure out what to do with it. It was too pretty to get rid of, and I certainly had never thought of trying to soften it up. Brilliant! Take care of you.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OMGosh I have been following that story in the news. It IS scary. BE SAFE and stay in until you get the all clear. Love the ribbon.
xx, Carol

Momma Bear said...

Very glad you are safe! Hes been all over the news on this side of the pass.
NOT a nice fellow!

Susan Elliott said...

Glad you are safe. That guy looks creepy. I had to look up what Brunnera was...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts