4/01/2016

Benny the Bright

In my earlier life I taught school for about 14 years in Alaska in the 70s....mostly kindergarten and loved it.  There were many children who are   delightful memories and Benny Bright is one of them.. Benny was a bit slow but he was such a happy soul and loved by all... On April 1st many of the children couldn't wait to get to class to "fool" the teacher and on one April 1st Benny came running in yelling "Teacher, teacher, there's a moose on the playground.

Not wanting to spoil his joke, I hurried to the window and there upon Benny broke into peals of glee yelling "April Fourth, April Fourth"  Benny would be approaching 50 years of age now and I hope he's had a happy life.....

5 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Great story...Ours was "Mom there are deer in the front yard!!" Got me every time.
xx, Carol

margaret said...

how children love april fools day well adults too

Marilyn said...

Nice to have such fun memories :)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Well, I must say I was surprised when I saw this post. Never expected to see a moose! And such a handsome one at that.

Susan Elliott said...

too cute. Apropos that his last name was Bright...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts