4/07/2016

Decisions, decisions, decisions......










 Tonight was all about decisions and more decisions as this project goes into the final phases.

Goods news is I get to use two things that have been my stash for YEARS and were never just right... First is the wide ribbon...an old thrift store find...  I love the colors but it is not the best quality.  It's a little stiff. Well quite stiff in fact. I might try boiling it to soften it and then I'll try to use some of my newly found ribbon folding skills to make it work...  There are yards and yards of it and it will take time to pull all the  wire.  Second is this jacquard trim...again yards and yards.  I've dragged it out time and time again and I've never found a spot that it would work..  I think I bought this at a closeout sale in a sari shop in Auckland years and years ago.  But it really works with the ribbon.

Should I use the lace cottage as the cover or use one of the pages as the cover and frame the lace cottage?  Decided to use the lace cottage for the cover of the first book.
Won't even think about the cover for the second book at this time.

Should I do laced binding with beads or a flat spine decorated with flowers? Decided to do the flat spine with flowers.  Since I'm dividing the blocks into two books, whatever I don't do with this one I will do with the other.  I had really wanted to trim the pages with tiny prairie points but just don't think I'm up to it.

And I do love this little green print which was serendipity as it was the lining of a pillow sham I use for a chair cover.

5 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

So glad to hear that I am not the only one to have these dilemmas, I go to sleep thinking of sewing and crochet ideas and wake up the same way, but I wouldn't have it any other way and I'm sure you wouldn't.

Briony
x

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Just goes to prove that if you hold onto things long enough eventually you will find the perfect use for them. I'm anxious to see the final reveal.

Marilyn said...

Don't you love it when you finally find a home for something you have been keeping for years? I'm looking forward to seeing what treatment you decide on for the wide ribbon.

Beth in IL said...

What fun! One of these days I hope to make a book with all my one of a kind fabric finds.

Susan Elliott said...

So glad to see you hear designing and making beauty. I love that lace cottage so I would totally vote for the cover. Of course, you had already decided that *smile*. I too love that fabric book book...it's a fave and I hope one day to come read all your CQ books. Your picture and fabric chooses are balm to the soul.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts