4/04/2016

Onward with "Cottage"

I'm just doing the finishing touches on the linings for 6 cottage pages.  Like the corset books of CQJP2015 I am dividing the 12 cottage pages CQJP2014 into two books.  I used the same assembly technique for both corset books but have decided I want to use a different binding technique for each of the cottage books.
 
When I did my vest to wear to Houston I originally wanted to use knitted lace on the bottom.. It is so different from crocheted lace and but also very difficult to find... I bought a couple lots on Etsy and then when it was time to use it, I decided it wouldn't work... So I am using it on the cottage books.. There's plenty.  It falls into my category of "casket factor".....  If I don't use it, they'll have to bury me with it.  It does seem to have the perfect "feel" for the cottages...
 
I love, love, love this book by Pam Sussman.... Fabric Art Journals.  There's numerous ways to bind fabric pages in such a variety of creative ways and I've only used a few.  This time I want to use a couple of the more advanced ones.  If you are considering a fabric book I can highly recommend this book.  I'm always guilty of buying books and never using them but I am wearing this one out........ 
 
I'm totally hooked on fabric books ...I love that people can handle my needlework and experience it up close in a way not possible if something is hanging on a wall.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

ooooh, the knitted lace is so pretty. I find it to be more delicate that crocheted lace usually. I like the book format too because I love to sit and just look at the stitches close-up and its too hard to do that if it is hanging on a wall.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I love knitted lace - my maternal grandmother used to make it and trim her pillowcases (most of them made from sugar bags). I have a little bit that I use in my work, but only on very special occasions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts