4/15/2016

Two more patterns....owl and baby birds

I'm going to stitch the gold images for the April, May and June CQJP2016 blocks all at once.   It is just as easy to do three as do one when I have all the gold stuff out. 

Besides the swallow, I especially wanted to do a barn owl... I just love them and have one in my forest that I occasionally get to see.  I always watch because they roost so quietly in a tree that I can easily just pass by without seeing it.

I used the same procedure as I did for the swallow.  I gathered pictures and found something I liked in each.  Lower right was my favorite because its eyes were open and alert.  Its head is turned as if it has spied something.  But I liked the wing lower left because of the great detail on the feathers.  Upper right showed the beautiful detail on the breast feathers and upper left had good detail on the branch and feet.


So I put them all together and this is my pattern. 



The third pattern is baby birds which will be a real challenge to have gold baby birds show up in a gold nest.  But I have just had this urge to use gold threads etc. to build a nest....and it is that season after all.  It may not work but I have to give it a try...nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I will post cleaner copies of these later.  Kathy Shaw has volunteered to put them in her Adobe Illustrator and clean them up for me.   I am so grateful to her for offering... Big hugs for Kathy Shaw.

4 comments:

margaret said...

what wonderful photos you have there and love what you will do with them

Marilyn said...

I never could decide whether owls or loons are my favourite birds. I used to collect owls made by the Japanese potter, Kakanuma, but DH and DS managed to break all of them over the years but I love owls. And when we would be up at our cabin I would take my coffee outside and listen to the loons crys in the early mornings before anyone else was awake. Can't think of a sound I love more than that. Can't wait to see your owl done up :)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Can't wait to see how you stitch these - the owl definitely has caught my eye.

crazyQstitcher said...

I love the owl photos. Thank you for sharing the post and freebie sketches of the owls and swallow. I hope you do an owl embroidery and post it here.
and thanks to Mary Anne for the link here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts