12/18/2016

What to do with tips and tutorials

 
This tiny fan ornament is only about 3" across at its widest point... impossible to cut and sew such tiny pieces so I devised a easy was to do it...
This was for the Needlework Guild Christmas ornament exchange about 7-8 years ago... I ran across this tutorial while looking for something else and realized that these instructions REALLY needed editing and clarification. It wasn't even labeled as a tutorial....  

Lisa Boni said I should gather up all my tips and tutorials and put them in a book and I find I have over 100 posts that would fall into these categories..  No book but I will start going back through the blog and organize and update these and make an index....

These are the old instructions and   really need  more pictures and explanation and maybe someone could use it for 2017...  So sometime soon I will redo it and add a pattern.  This would make a great mini workshop for CQ beginners.

Rather than cut out tiny fan pieces I drew the fan on muslin and did it "flip & stitch" working from the back and trimming as I went.... much easier... I  embellished with beads, added SRE and lace...
I also ended up with a nice pile of "crumbs" of these fabrics

7 comments:

Marilyn said...

Well, if you aren't going to do an e-book, organizing and making an index is the next best thing. Survived the cold blast - now we are going to have warmer weather for a few days. -41C is just a bit on the nippy side for me

margaret said...

liking the idea of using a fan for crazy quilting hoping to do the challenge in 2017 thanks for thr tutorial. I save tutorial links and email them to myself for easy reference which works well, and also draw blocks up in a special book to refer back to

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Good Morning!
You DO have a wealth of knowledge and have been so generous to share over the years. I, for one, would love to have them in a book. If you ever give it serious thought, I'm sure Magcloud would be the place to go. I can't imagine anyone interested in CQ wouldn't jump at the chance to buy it.

Merry Christmas Gerry.
xx, Carol

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Lisa has a good point - a book would be a wonderful thing, but second best would be a dedicated area on your blog. I'm casting my vote for a book though (not that I collect such books or anything!)

Jani said...

Just the thing I need for some silks I was given. I have everything I need to make these little beauties. Thanks so much. J. Myhre

Jane Raymond said...

Great idea! I am going to do this for my grandchildren for next Christmas. Thank you.

Jane Raymond said...

What about publishing through Mag Cloud. I have gotten "mini" books from them and the Crazy Quilt Gathering magazine from them.
I enjoy your blog and love your project photos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts