2/03/2017

Need to get this block ready to travel..

As I'm sorting through UFOs that need to be finished this round robin block is near the top of the list.  It just needed a tiny bit of tweaking when it returned home and for some reason it got buried.   This was "Cream on Cream" 2008 and a mega-talented group which included Cathy Kizarian, Jo Newsham (New Zealand), Cobi Wittekoek (Netherlands)  and Rita Cruz
 
 

I like to mount larger blocks (12")  like this on heavy pellon so I can display them on a stand...  I just need to be able to risk life and limb getting to the barn for border fabric.   I have a lot finished like and can take them anywhere to display and all I need is a table...
I do have a tutorial on how to do this but I will update it when I get this RR ready to display.   I have two totes full of blocks finished like this...

5 comments:

Diana said...

Can't wait Gerry I just got my first RR block back.You are a good inspiration.

margaret said...

what a lovely way to display these blocks this one is beautiful

Shirlee Fassell said...

Great idea for displaying your work!

Marilyn said...

I remember when you were working on that block. It is lovely. Do you have some of those ice cleats for the bottom of your boots? We are -27C here this morning and got maybe an inch of snow.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Such a great idea to finish blocks to display in such a way. SO much better than leaving them languishing in a drawer! Great way to have an ever-changing art display too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts