6/14/2017

Flowers feed my spirit.....

What a difference a year makes... This is my bed of rescued peonies that I was working on last year.  It was all overgrown with weeds and my lovely granddaughter Leigha helped me clear it out so I could put down a weed barrier and bark mulch...  Photo from the same spot as last year.  All the peonies in the foreground have already bloomed as they are very early varieties.. Added many more peonies this spring.  There are close to 50 plants now in this bed...most still small.

My garden is filled with secret places of bloom that no one but me ever sees.  This huge pink dictamus and beauty bush are a good example...

7 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Seeing your beautiful garden makes me miss ours! That's the only thing about home ownership I miss.

Cathy said...

Gorgeous! 😍😍

Margaret said...

Mmmm! Lovely! And in another few years when those new peonies mature, it will be a bit of heaven on the earth! :-)

margaret said...

your peonies are going to give a glorious display aas they row, gardens are hard work but well worth the effort or that is what I tell myself when I am trying to keep on top of mine

Marilyn said...

It must give you so much joy to visit your secret gardens. They certainly are beautiful. I love the summer because you post pictures of your gorgeous gardens.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a difference a year can make in a garden! It looks lovely.

Happy Summer ~ FlowerLady

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

There is one thing for sure..gardening, nature, and sewing feed the soul.
xx, Carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts